The Gentlewoman - Issue 22
Why We Love It
Issue 22 of The Gentlewoman is fronted by the cosmic pop star and actor Janelle Monae.
What you need to know
In this issue:
- Preeminent interior designer, Ilse Crawford
- The fantastical filmmaker, Jenn Nkiru
- The incomparable Shakespearean actor, Harriet Walter
- The shocking contemporary relevance of Barbara Kruger’s iconic 1989 poster, “Your Body is a Battleground” is explored furthermore in a definitive oral history, while the dream of escaping it all becomes a reality in a Modern Manners essay.
- A marvellous array of fashion
bringing you new attitudes, fresh faces and some fine-looking garb.
The Gentlewoman is a biannual magazine that celebrates modern women of style and purpose. Featuring ambitious journalism and photography of the highest quality, it showcases inspirational women through its distinctive combination of glamour, personality and warmth.
- 23 x 30 cm
- 332 pages
- Published in London 2020